Bunny here at the keyboard, writing about Thanksgiving.
Here in our country, we’re getting ready to celebrate a holiday we call Thanksgiving. Just between you and me, I think every day should be Thanksgiving, because there’s always something to be thankful for, but it’s nice to have a day to think hard about it. While my humans were making plans for the holiday, I had a little time to think about the things that make me a thankful hound.
It’s been especially cold here lately, and I’ve been thankful that my human has been willing to curl up in the house and stay warm. I decided that while I was doing that, I’d make up an official list about things I’m thankful for. So, after our trip out in the warm car for hot chocolate, puppucinos and Pokemon hunting, I sat down to compile my list of things I’m thankful for. Here it is, in no particular order.
- I’m thankful for a warm house.
- I have enough dog beds to be comfortable anywhere.
- I’ve traveled to see the ocean, the bright lights of Nashville, Chicago, Saint Louis and all kinds of other amazing places.
- My human takes pictures of me that make me look good.
- I have great pack mates.
- There are cans of Merrick Thankgiving Day Feast for dogs.
- Every year, more Greyhounds (as well as other dogs) find homes.
- I was born blue fawn, and I’m a natural beauty.
- Starbucks serves puppucinos.
- I am thankful for birthday cakes.
- No matter how different and unique we are, we are also a lot alike.
- A long time ago, I was in the right place to meet the right humans and come to the perfect home for me.
Whatever each of you are thankful for, I hope that you share it with someone. I think that part of celebrating Thanksgiving is that warm fuzzy feeling you get from realizing how blessed you are in this life. It’s also important to tell people when they have blessed your life. To everyone out there who reads my posts, and the rest of the blog, please know that we are thankful for you, too.